Ancient Monuments An ancient monument is an early historical structure or monument worthy of preservation and study due to archaeological or heritage interest. The term differs from the American term "National Monument" in that U.S. National Monuments are comparatively few in number and may include natural formations; British Ancient Monuments are by definition man-made. The Egyptian pyramids are ancient pyramid-shaped masonry structures located in Egypt. There are 138 pyramids discovered in Egypt as of 2008. Most were built as tombs for the country's Pharaohs and their consorts during the Old and Middle Kingdom periods. The earliest known Egyptian pyramids are found at Saqqara, northwest of Memphis. The earliest among these is the Pyramid of Djoser (constructed 2630 BCE–2611 BCE) which was built during the third dynasty. This pyramid and its surrounding complex were designed by the architect Imhotep, and are generally considered to be the world's oldest monumental structures constructed of dressed masonry. The estimate of the number of workers to build the pyramids range from a few thousand, twenty thousand, and up to 100,000. The most famous Egyptian pyramids are those found at Giza, on the outskirts of Cairo. Several of the Giza pyramids are counted among the largest structures ever built. The Pyramid of Khufu at Giza is the largest Egyptian pyramid. It is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still in existence. By the time of the early dynastic period of Egyptian history, those with sufficient means were buried in bench-like structures known as mastabas.
This Book contains collection of 6 Ancient History by best authors:
1) A Miracle in Stone: or The Great Pyramid of Egypt by Joseph A. Seiss
2) The Origin and Significance of the Great Pyramid by C. Staniland Wake
3) The House of the Hidden Places by W. Marsham Adams
4) Architecture, Mysticism and Myth by W.R. Lethaby
5) Stonehenge, A Temple Restor'd to the British Druids by William Stukeley
6) Stonehenge and Other British Stone Monuments Astronomically Considered by Norman Lockyer, ancient monuments, ancient monuments of the mississippi valley, ancient monuments in egypt, ancient monuments in rome, ancient monuments of the mississippi valley pdf, ancient monuments in mexico, ancient monuments in greece, ancient monuments in america, ancient monuments in china, ancient monuments in india